We accept conceptual articles or research results in the field of law that have not been published in other media, with following requirements:
- The article is written in Bahasa Indonesia or English.
- The word limit for the submission is 5000 - 10000 words (excluding of footnotes and bibliography).
- The article is typed in an A4 paper, with top and left margin each 4 cm and bottom and right margin each 3 cm, using Times New Roman font, size 12 and line spacing 1.5.
- The systematic structures of the research result shall include: Title, Author’s name, Abstract (in English) or Intisari (in Bahasa Indonesia), Keywords, Research background (with the Research Questions), Research Methods, Research Result and Analysist, Conclusion and References.
- The systematic structures of conceptual articles shall include: Title, Author’s name, Abstract (in English) or Intisari (in Bahasa Indonesia), Keywords, Introduction, Discussion (immediately presented in headings based on the matters being discussed), Conclusion and References.
- The subchapter sections should be written with bold letters. In Every first paragraph of the article shall consist maximum 7 tap/knocks
- Writing style in JEP shall refer to the Minister of National Education Regulation No. 46 of 2009 regarding General Guidelines on Bahasa Indonesia Spelling Rules (Pedoman Umum Ejaan Bahasa Indonesia yang Disempurnakan)
- If the author or editor consists more than 1 (one) person, mention the name of the first person followed by “et all”.
Title of the articles is written with Times New Roman (14 pt), bold, center, capital, and single space. Title of the article in Bahasa Indonesia and English shall consist 8-15 words. Furthermore, the title of the article should not consist of clauses, articles or regulations yet contain of the substance directly.
Auhor(s) Identity is written with Times New Roman (12 pt), bold, center, capital, and single space. It shall contain of full author(s) name (without degree), affiliation (the name and address of institution) and e-mail. If there is only single author, then it should not have to write the reference of author on the footnote.
The Abstract is written with Times New Roman (11 pt), justify, Italic (if the abstract written in English), and using single space. It should be clear, concise, and descriptive. It should provide a brief introduction to the problem, objective of paper, followed by a statement regarding the methodology and a brief summary of results. The abstract shall consist 100-250 words. The abstract and keywords should be written in English and Bahasa Indonesia. If the article is written in English, then it should not have to write the abstract in Bahasa Indonesia.
It shall consist of 3-5 words or phrase and arranged by alphabetically. It also separated by a semicolon (;) and not mentioning the name of the institution, rules, or location.
It is containing:
- The Introduction or Research Background
The Introduction or Research Background title written with Times New Roman, 12, Bold. It should be clear and provide the issue to be discussed in the manuscript which contains the differences between the existing article (state of the art). At the end of the paragraph, the author/s should end with a comment on the significance concerning identification of the issue or the objective of research.
- The Research Methods
The Research Methods title written with Times New Roman, 12, Bold. It should be written in descriptive and only used by the author who write the article based upon research result.
- The Research Result And Analysist or Discussion
The Research Result and Analysist or Discussion title written with Times New Roman, 12, Bold. This section is the most important section of the article. It contains the results of the research study and should be clear and concise. The Research Result article shall contain analysist of the research result problems, and for The Conceptual Article shall contains the analysist of the conceptual article problems.
- The Conclusion
The Conclusion title written with Times New Roman, 12, Bold. In this part of the article shall contains a description that should answer the objectives of research. It also, should not contains numbering or bulleting when describe the answer. The Author should not repeat the Abstract or simply describe the results of the research. You should give a clear consistency explanation regarding to the possible application and/or suggestions related to the research findings.
In this part shall contains:
The Bibliography title written with Times New Roman, 12, Bold. This part of reference should be written by times new roman letters, font 12, and single space. It should be written in alphabetical order, placing the family name of the author in the front. It should contain minimum 15 references of books and journals. The writing style shall be as follows:
<author’s name>, <year of publication>, <title>, <publisher>, <place of publication>.
Tomuschat, Christian, 2008, Human Rights: Between Idealism and Realism, Second Edition, Oxford University Press, New York.
<author’s name>, <”title”>, <journal’s name>, <volume>, <number>, <month>, <year>.
Sorensen, Juliet, “Ideals Without Illusions: Corruption and the Future of of A Democratic North Africa”, Northwestern Journal of International Human Rights, Vol. 10, No. 4, 2012.
<author’s name>, <year of publication>, <title>, <type of publication (research result/bachelor or master thesis/dissertation>, <institution>, <place of institution>.
Widiyastuti, Sari Murti, 2007, Konsistensi Asas Pertanggungjawaban Perdata dalam Hukum Khusus terhadap Asas Pertanggungjawaban Perdata dalam Hukum Umum, Disertasi, Doctorate Program Faculty of Law Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta.
<author’s name>, <”title”>, <type of publication>, <forum>, <place>, <date>.
Riyanto, Sigit, “Re-interpretasi Kedaulatan Negara dalam Hukum Internasional”, Speech, Professor Inauguration in Faculty of Law Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta, 26 June 2014.
Article in an Anthology with an Editor
<author’s name>, <”title”>, in <editor>, <year>, <title of the book>, <publisher>, <place of publication>.
Van Der Herik, Larissa, “Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, International Criminal Law’s Blind Spot?”, in Riedel, Eibe, et al., 2004, Economic, Social and Cultural Rights in International Law: Contemporary Issues and Challenges, Oxford University Press, Oxford.
Magazine or Newspaper Article
<author’s name>, “<article’s title>”, <name of the magazine or newspaper>, <date of publication>.
Tjandra, Riawan, “Huru Hara Bandara”, Sindo, 10 July 2015.
<author’s name>, “<article’s title>”, <complete url address>, accessed on <date of access>.
Transparency International, “Corruption Perception Index 2013”, http://www.org, accessed 26 February 2014.
Law and Regulations as a Reference
Nomenclature of the law and regulation along with its number, year, and title, followed with the number and year of enactment. For the reference, the arrangement is based on the sequence of the laws and regulations.
- Law No. 39 of 1999 regarding Human Rights (Republic of Indonesia State Gazette of 1999 No. 165).
- Government Regulation No. 27 of 2012 regarding Environmental Permit (Republic of Indonesia State Gazette of 2012 No. 48).
- Presidential Regulation No. 4 of 2015 regarding the Procurement of Government Good and Service (Republic of Indonesia State Gazette of 2015 No. 5).
- Minister of Finance Regulation No. 91/PMK.03/2015 regarding the Reduction or Abolishment of Administrative Sanction Due to the Submission Delay of the Notification Letter, the Amendment of the Notification Letter and the Delay of Tax Payment (Republic of Indonesia State Gazette of 2011 No. 502).
- Regional Regulation of Kota Yogyakarta No. 2 of 2015 regarding Advertisement Placement (Kota Yogyakarta Regional Gazette of 2015 No. 2).
Nomenclature of the products of the court, the product’s number, subject, date, the date of the entry into force.
- Constitutional Court Decision No. 21/PUU/-XII/2014 regarding the Judicial Review of the Law No. 8 of 1981 regarding Criminal Procedural Law towards the Republic of Indonesia 1945 Constitution.
- Supreme Court Decision No. 633 K/PDT.SUS-PHI/2015 regarding Industrial Relations Dispute between Medan General Transportation Cooperation against Kasman Sihotang.
- THE FOOTNOTE
This part of reference of the articles should be written with Times New Roman, font 10 and single space format. For example:
R.Abdoel Djamali, 2007, Pengantar Hukum Indonesia, PT. Raja Grafindo Persada, Jakarta, hlm. 152.
Section from a book
Munir Fuadi, Hukum tentang Lembaga Pembiayaan dalam Teori dan Praktik dalam Sentosa Sembiring, 2008, Hukum Dagang, Bandung, PT Citra Aditya Bakti, hlm 163.
Sorensen, Juliet, “Ideals Without Illusions: Corruption and the Future of of A Democratic North Africa”, Northwestern Journal of International Human Rights, Vol. 10, No. 4, 2012, p.135.
Tempo, “Konflik Perang Dagang Amerika-Cina Mereda, Rupiah Menguat”, https://bisnis.tempo.co/read/1233304/konflik-perang-dagang-amerika-cina-mereda-rupiah-menguat, diakses tanggal 8 Agustus 2019.
Law and Regulations Reference
Undang-Undang Nomor 13 Tahun 2016 tentang Paten (Lembaran Negara Republik Indonesia Tahun 2016 Nomor 176)
The figures should be clearly readable and at least have a resolution of 300 DPI (Dots Per Inch) for good printing quality.
Table made with the open model (without the vertical lines).
The Author should give the number of table and explanation bellow the table.
- When referring to an article of a Law, the initial letter of the word “article” is written in capital letter.
- When referring to a paragraph of a Law, the initial letter of the word “paragraph” is written in small letter and the number is flanked by brackets.
- If in a direct citation of a phrase, paragraph, or an article’s formulation there is a part that is removed, indicate that part by ellipsis that is inserted in square brackets […].
- The abbreviation of rules and regulations is determined by the author based on his own style, as long as it is used consistently. The suggested abbreviation is for instance “the Law No. 30 of 2014”.
- Author is recommended to avoid an enumerative discussion.
- References shall be referred from the latest edition and strongly suggested sourced from journals.
- Author is not suggested to make a self-citation.
- Academic title shall not be written in the references or footnotes.