Jurnal Teknik Sipil (JTS) publishes a scientific journal in the fields of structure, geotechnical, construction management, transportation, water & wastewater resources, environment, and disaster risk management that have never been published. All parties involved in the publication process of the JTS including authors, editors, peer-reviewers, and the publisher should behave ethically when an article is published in our journals. The Regulation of the Head of LIPI Number 5 of 2014 concerning the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications serves as the foundation for the statement of the Code of Ethics for Scientific Publications.
Scientific publication ethics upholds three ethical values in publication, namely: i) neutrality, or the absence of conflicts of interest in the management of publications; ( ii) Equity, specifically granting authorship rights to those qualified to write; iii) Honesty, specifically the absence of duplicate, forgery, falsification, and plagiarism in publications
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Managers
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and, if necessary, accreditation,
- Determine the membership of the editorial board,
- Define the relationship among publishers, editors, peer-reviewers, and other parties in a contract,
- Respect confidential matters, both for contributing researchers, authors, editors, and peer-reviewers,
- Implement rules and regulations pertaining to copyrights and other forms of intellectual property,
- Submit the revised journal policies to the authors, the editorial boards, the peer-reviewers, and the readers,
- Establish guidelines for rules and ethical behavior for editors and peer-reviewers,
- Publish journals regularly,
- Guarantee the availability of funding sources for the continuation of journal publication,
- Build a collaborative network of research institutions and related agencies,
- Prepare permits and other legal aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Editor
- Accommodate the needs of readers and writers,
- Endeavor to sustainably improve the quality of publications,
- Implement a process to ensure the quality of published papers,
- Prioritize freedom of opinion objectively,
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record,
- Deliver the corrections, clarifications, and apologies if it necessary,
- Responsible for the style and format of writing scientific papers, while the contents and all statements in the paper are the responsibility of the author,
- Actively solicit the opinions of authors, readers, peer-reviewers, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications,
- Conduct periodic internal evaluations of the quality of scientific journals
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking authors to attach an Ethical Clearance Form that has been approved by the Ethics Clearance Commission,
- Initiate researchers to educate on publication ethics,
- Assess and improve the effect of publication policies to increase responsibility and reduce mistakes on the attitudes of authors and peer-reviewers,
- Have an open mind to new opinions or other people's views that may conflict with personal opinions,
- Not defending self-opinion, the author or a third party which could lead to an unbiased decision,
- Encourage the authors to improve their written works in order to make them suitable for publication.
Duties and Responsibilities of Peer-Reviewers
- Review the manuscripts and submit the review’s results of to the editor, as material for determining the feasibility of a written documents for publication,
- The manuscripts are reviewed promptly in accordance with the publication environment based on established scientific principles (data collection methods, author legality, conclusions, etc.),
- Review the manuscripts that has been corrected according to predetermined standards,
- Encourage the authors to make improvements to the manuscripts by providing criticism, suggestions, input, and recommendations so that they can make improvements to manuscripts so that suitable for publication.
- Maintain the privacy of the authors by not disseminating the results of review, suggestions and recommendations.
- The reviewer does not carry out a scientific review of the manuscripts that involves himself, either directly or indirectly,
Duties and Responsibilities of the Authors
- Ensure that those included in the list of authors meet the criteria as authors,
- Take joints responsibility for the work and the contents of the manuscripts including methods, analysis, calculations and details,
- State the origin of resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitations of the research,
- Respond to comments made by peer-reviewers and the editorial board in a professional and timely manner,
- Inform the editor in writing if the manuscripts will be withdraw,
- Declare that the paper being submitted for publication is original, has never been published elsewhere in any language, and has not been submitted to another publisher.