Authors retain copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License allowing others to share the work with an acknowledgment of initial publication in the journal.
The authors are permitted and promoted to post the work online, such as in institutional repositories or on the website before and during the submission process. This can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citations of published work (The Effect of Open Access).
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- for any purpose, even commercially.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate the changes made. This should be done in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your usage.
- ShareAlike — When you remix, transform, or build upon the material, the contributions must be distributed under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.